Rovinj is a super cute little coastal town where you can swim in pool like crystal water right from the center of the town. Its only a 50min bus ride from Pula, but is a little gem with white cobble streets, a church perched on the top of the hill, and a stunning rocky coastline where bars and restaurants serve you up drinks and fresh seafood between your swims.
Every town must have its little market, and Rovinj’s market is filled with fresh fruit & veg and also local truffle and oil produce.
1) It is a marvel to walk the streets at night, as they light away the sea making a perfect night swim as the water is so clear you don’t have to worry about any hidden fishies.
2) For those that aren’t so keen on clambering in and out from rocks, they also have put in railing to allow you to easily climb in and out of the water.
3) To dine I would highly recommend this tiny restaurant called Balby. They probably only have about 15 tables outside, so you may have to wait a little to get yourself one. Luckily, they’ll happily let you have a drink as you wait, or right infront of the restaurant there is a bar for you to have an aperitif.
4) For a daytime drink or nibble, go to Konoba Lampo and be sure to ask for a table right by the water.
5) Head to Sergio’s for super thin pizza’s with fresh delicious toppings.